Agnes Cahill - My Woodlands great-grandmother

Since early in 2016, I've been looking at my paternal grandfather's family - researching, questioning and sharing with a few of "the cousins" along the way.  There've been a few surprises!  The biggest being that Cornelius Bray was my grandfather's biological father and James Woodland (Snr) was his step-father.  We knew my grandfather as James Oswald Woodlands but his birth name was Oswald Cahill.

So it's probably time that I started to record some of what I've uncovered...  After all, there's a lot more to research - my grandfather's biological Bray family and his known (or social) Woodlands family!

My grandfather's biological pedigree


My grandfather's "social" pedigree

Agnes Cahill is at the centre of the story.  Agnes's descendants are a small groups these days - one granddaughter, great-grandchild (including me) and great-great-grandchildren.  Maybe we'll find out how many as more join our Facebook group!
Here's a photo of Agnes with her daughter, Laura, taken around 1937.  Back then, there weren't any iPhone and phototherapy was expensive.  Street photographers roamed around Sydney taking random photos which could then be purchased.  So we're very lucky that Agnes or Lorna decided to buy this one and we can see it 80 years later!
Looking forward to hearing from you with your comments, stories and photos...hope you enjoy finding out about our family as well!
Agnes Cahill and Lorna Woodlands

Popular posts from this blog

How a DNA match led to finding Agnes's older brother, Thomas Cahill. Or is it Carroll?

29 April 2021:150 years since the birth of Emily Jane Carroll (nee Hookeywin)